Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Miracles!

Cara Famiglia,

Well like always, miracles are happening in Busto Arsizio. There are also good investigators here. I swear, every day we find people that are super elect and so clearly need the Gospel, it's ridiculous. We are working still with Saul. He is having trouble reading, but he is still praying and is super awesome. Not too many 16 year olds I know would be spending their time meeting with missionaries and trying to fight the right path in their life to follow God. So he is still the man. Also Blandine is progressing very well. She reads and understands everything great! We taught her part two of the Plan of Salvation last night with a member and it went very well. We also had a good lesson with Ravith and Elisabeth yesterday, even though it's tough for them to understand it was great for them to realize for themselves that if they want to resolve their confusion they have to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. 

Other than that we had some good miracles. We went to Somma Lombardo(this little town where Rafael, one of our new converts lives), where I don't think missionaries have ever done finding work before. But we had a cool experience. Right as we walked out of the train station we were happy because there are some tall palazzi there that we were excited to knock. But first we stopped and talked to this lady walking her dog on the street. Her name was Chiara, and we talked with her about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. And it turns out she has been searching through religions for the truth for a long time! After we explained the Book of Mormon she was like "Oh I really want a copy of this book, where can I get it?" And she said a prayer for us right there on the street (after asking us how she can pray correctly to communicate with God), and said "I don't think it's by chance that I met you guys here today!" So she is awesome. We also had an awesome Sunday where we taught five lessons! It was great, and we got a couple good new investigators out of it. More to come on them. 

Oh and the big transfer news is that Anziano Webb is going to Verona! Yeah, the beautiful city of Romeo e Giulietta! My new companion will be a certain Anziano Mitchell, who has been in Italy about three months and is coming from Collegno (a suburb of Torino). It should be fun! 

Another funny random side note: I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before, but Anziano Webb falls down a lot. I hope as I describe this I don't sound like I'm making fun of him because we both laugh at it and he truly is coordinated, but he trips over things alllllll the time! The other day he tripped over a thing on the ground that was maybe a 1/2 cm incline. I will miss him as a companion!

This week's spiritual thought is from the doctrinal powerhouse chapter of 2 Nephi 9. I really like verses 50-52:

50 Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price.

51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.

52 Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto him continually by day, and give thanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts rejoice.

It's like a spiritual buffet! When we come unto Christ our spirits are filled and there is no price except the "heart and a willing mind." I love the Gospel! I'm grateful for the opportunities every day to share this message with people who need it and see the impact it has in their lives. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God! 

I love you all lots!

-Anziano Benjamin Smith

1 comment:

  1. Hi Irene,
    Thank you so much for contacting me and looking at Zack's blog! Zack has been in Italy 3 months on the 8th! He has fallen in love with the country and the people he has met so far. He is very excited about his transfer and from looking at your sons blog I can tell he will have a great companion! I can tell he will be such a great example to Zack! We live in Draper Utah and nope we are not Italian! My husband is actually Polynesian from New Zealand and comes from a long line of Wolfgramms!!! Which was so exciting when we read who the mission president was!!! I look forward to hearing more about Zack's new area and would love any info you have especially an address!
    Thanks, Holly

    ReplyDelete