Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hello from Laveno!

Cara Famiglia,

I'm currently using the biblioteca in Laveno, Italy at Lago Maggiore and don't have lot's of time. We came here for P-day, it's a pretty little town! It kind of reminds me of New England a bit. I'll try and send pictures maybe next week. 

The work here is going well! We are teaching Isaac still and he is rockin' a baptismal date for the 10th of December. We are teaching him the Plan of Salvation tonight with a member who speaks English (served his mission in the England Manchester Mission). He is doing well, and came to church on Sunday! He asked "Do you think the members will mind that I don't speak Italian when I get baptized?" Haha it was kind of funny, but he is doing real well. Pray for him to get a job though. We are also working with our other investigators, basically trying to find time to see them (Blandine, Saul, Roberta, Ravith). But as far as we can tell they are still doing okay. 

We are starting an English class! They haven't had one the entire time I've been here so that's going to be exciting. We are doing it Saturday mornings and we spent a bit of time yesterday putting up flyers in Busto centro. We even had some people call us about it! 

This week the letter may be a little short, so I hope this spiritual thought would go along with that. In the book of Jacob (which is actually a gold mine of awesome scriptures), chapter 6 verse 12 reads: "O be wise; what can I say more?" It's so simple, but so true! If everyone just did things wisely and really thought about the eternal consequences of their actions, the world would probably go much better. I know that it is wise to follow Jesus Christ, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know this work is the greatest thing I could ever do. I love you all lots!

-Anziano Benjamin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment