Saturday, November 12, 2011

Busto Transfer #4!

Cara Famiglia,

Well I have a new companion! I would say that was the biggest difference this week here in Busto Arsizio. It was kind of strange not having Anziano Webb by my side, but Anziano Mitchell is just great! He is in his third transfer and is a stud already. He asks really good questions to people. 

Anyway, the work is going good. We have had trouble seeing Saul and Blandine the past couple days, but we will see them soon and help them get back on track. The big miracle this week started on Sunday. As church was starting we got a call from some random number. So we called them back and it was this guy named Isaac who says "Hey! You are those missionaries right? You guys gave me your card a couple months ago and I want to know where your church is so I can come today!" We were speechless! Pass-along cards work! But anyway, he couldn't actually come that day because it was raining and he didn't have a car, but we saw him yesterday, and he is the man! He is from Nigeria, and has been in Italy for about three years. He met some sister missionaries in Bergamo about a year ago but was too busy to take any lessons with them. But now he's just chillin' in Gallarate with his fianceè, so he is ready and willing to learn and to be baptized the 10th of December! And his fianceè Rita is also pretty interested! Basically it was one of the coolest miracles ever heard of. We are super excited to teach him. 

We went to Milano today for P-day, so that was fun. Saw a bit of the Duomo and the Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele again, which is always fun. The Duomo in Milano really is an amazing building. 

This week I read one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon: 2 Nephi 29! It is just laying down the law about more scripture. I really like how strong the language is and how it reminds us that we don't tell God when his work is finished. I'm really grateful that we have the Book of Mormon to be proof of that, that God loves all his children. I know that it's true, and that this work is directed by our Heavenly Father! I know Jesus is the Christ, the redeemer and savior of the world, and I know that through him comes true happiness. I love you all tons and tons!

-Anziano Benjamin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment