Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sempre a Modena!

Cara Famiglia,
 
Buon Giorno! E oggi veramente è un buon giorno, perchè siamo venuti a Verona per P-Day! It's a good thing we weren't here two weeks ago when you guys were, but this city is more beautiful than I remember! It is awesome to see everything.
 
This week has had some good work going too. We are continuing to work with Michael; when it comes down to it his biggest hurdle is coming to church. I think we simply need to get him more involved with the members and help him get rides and stuff, so we'll be working on that. I second Palmer's comment about the killer no-show of progressing investigators at church, it's a major bummer, but life goes on. We also on a whim gave this potential investigator about his 10th chance to meet with us after a ton of no-shows for lessons. We show up to teach him, and he is super receptive to the gospel and totally gets everything! His name is Asantis, he is from Ghana and currently staying at a Caritas place while he's looking for work to help his family out back in Africa, but he is reading the Book of Mormon and loving it, and now has a baptismal date for July 2nd! We are really excited!
 
This week we had an awesome experience. We had gotten a bidone and were on our way to do some finding when a guy who was driving his car past us stopped his car and called out to us. He asked 'Are you those Americans that talk about Jesus with everybody?' And we said 'Yeah!!' and he then said 'Great! Here's my address and phone number, come see me tomorrow!' His name was Giuseppe. We ended up meeting him two days later, and found out he is the father of a less-active teen in our ward who is going through a really rough time in his life and needs the gospel. I know that the Lord has prepared this person to hear our message and that through the Atonement he will find new peace in his life that he is searching for. It is amazing to see how the Lord prepares people!
 
Another awesome thing was that we had four investigators in church this week! It was really cool, and we are working with some of them to help them progress more. One of them is a potential miracle of a lifetime, I will explain when the success happens though.
 
I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God, who gave his life to help bring this cause to light, and I am glad I get to share this knowledge with people every day, no matter how many people reject it. Bearing testimony everyday rocks. Loving the people rocks too. I know this work is true.
 
I loooooove you all!
 
-Anziano Benjamin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment