Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ciao Modena!

Cara Famiglia,
 
Well, the time has come. I am leaving Modena to go to Busto Arsizio, a city north of Milano in the Como Zone! I am actually pretty sad to leave, I love this city! But I am also really excited to go to a new city and meet new people. My companion there will be Anziano Webb, who was in the MTC with me at the same time and he's a stud!
 
This week has been great! Although our investigators are kind of bumming us out with not coming to church and being free for appointments, they are still all great. Paolo will be baptized sooner or later, he is too good not to be. Also we picked up this awesome guy named Ciro from the Sorelle. He is a stud and also needs to get baptized. He's tight and he makes us amaaaaaazing food all the time. He's from Napoli so he's a great cook and is basically the coolest guy ever. If I ever visit Napoli I will stay at his house, it is already decided. He's also teaching me a bit of Napolitano, it's awesome. Chris, a friend of Castro, is also a stud investigator but super busy and doesn't have a working phone right now so it's almost impossible to see him.
 
I am really going to miss all the people here, especially the amazing ward. The people here are seriously awesome, and I love them all.
 
I was reading Alma 5 again this week, which is definitely my favorite chapter in the whole Book of Mormon. It's amazing. I've probably written home about it before, but it is definitely something to write home about. This time I was struck by verses 48 and 49, and I kind of want that to be my theme as a missionary, just bearing pure testimony of the Savior and the Restoration of His gospel all the time! I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, our Savior and Redeemer who has indescribable love for us. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity I have to Preach His Gospel here in Italy and help in the great work of bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. I love you all so much!
 
-Anziano Benjamin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment