Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Doin' Work

Cara Famiglia,
 
This week was good in Modena! Anziano Hutchinson and I are having a lot of fun and working super hard as well. We are doing a lot of finding work currently because our investigators are all super hard to reach/see. For example, Paolo, who is the man and will be baptized, works all week long and we can only see him on Sunday. If we could see him more he'd be baptized by the end of the week. Also Move to Napoli day from last week. But we are doing a lot of solid finding work, talking to a ton of people each day. My companion jokes about how many pass along cards I give out, I seriously go through like 50 a day. I'm hoping in the end it will work out! Even if one person reads one pass along card my entire mission and actually decides to listen it will be a victory! We are also cruising along on our goal to give out Books of Mormon this transfer, it's awesome.
 
We had our last District Meeting on Monday and had the Traveling Assistants come and do a sweet addestramento about how to get investigators to pray! It was sooo good and obvious and simple, but so genius. So we are excited to help investigators pray to know that the Book of Mormon is true. We also had a sweet in-depth discussion about Moroni 10:3-5, it's such a solid, true passage of scripture. Other than that Modena is going great. Dunno if I mentioned last week but we got a new Bishopric in the ward, which was surprising. But it was our Ward Mission Leader, and now we still don't have one, so we're kind of in limbo.
 
 This week I really liked a passage from 2 Corinthians, chapter 12 verses 6-10. It's a super good passage about humility and overcoming weaknesses. Every day as missionaries I think it's good to work on a weakness, because through Christ our weaknesses become strengths! It's like the mathematic example from Believing Christ, where even if my talents are only 2 on a scale of 10, with the infinite power of Christ it equals infinity! Kind of a cool thought I think. Can I just say I love being a missionary? This is already decisively the best two years of my life, and it's not even halfway done yet. I love this work, I love bearing my testimony every day, I love sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ every day, and I love you all! Thanks so much for everything!
 
-Anziano Benjamin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment