Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Working in Italy


Cara Famiglia,

Ciao from Pistoia! I was here on a scambio yesterday and we are doing internet in the university library here. Pistoia is great, we had a good day yesterday and taught two lessons. We are going to riscambio in good old Firenze and hopefully get back to Siena in time to clean the apartment. The week has been going really well. Mom asked me to include more random details about life here in Italy so I will throw in a surprising fact that will shock everyone that knows me. My new favorite snack includes tomatoes! If you put cherry tomatoes with mozzarella di bufala, it is incredible. Mozzarella cheese here is amazing. Italy rocks. Also, the weather is getting really hot, it is great. I am getting an awesome farmer's tan.

This week has gone well with finding work! We even had a training at zone conference on Monday about how to really improve finding work and just talking to more people and helping them feel the spirit. Even just yesterday in Pistoia we saw a difference in finding those that 'hearken to the voice' and those that don't. Also I got a sweet letter from my main man Elder Goodsell who is now in the MTC. I will write him a nice return letter. It sounds like he is tearing it up in the MTC and will be an awesome missionary in Germany. I am really grateful for friends on missions that inspire me to be better!

We found three new investigators this week! They are from Bangladesh, and speak good English. They are students at the university, but finals are over so now they have a ton of free time and they were really interested in the Book of Mormon in Bengali. We also had the most success in finding work this week since I have been in Siena, we were able to teach a lot more lessons that the previous week. My pure joy level goes up when we are really able to find and teach people about the restored Gospel of Christ.

We are also working on improving our abilities to invite members to do member missionary work. It is so crucial! Share the gospel with your friends!

This morning I was reading Alma 7 which is a phenomenal chapter in the Book of Mormon not only about the Atonement, but the Doctrine of Christ. I really like verses 14 and 15, and I wanted to quote verse 7:

7 For behold, I say unto you there be many things to come; and behold, there is one thing which is of more importance than they all—for behold, the time is not far distant that the Redeemer liveth and cometh among his people.

I like to pay attention when superlatives are used in scripture. I can testify along with Alma that the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the living of His gospel is the one thing that is 'of more importance than they all', because it is the only thing through which we can find eternal happiness with our families forever. I am so grateful to be able to invite people every day to learn of Jesus Christ, His church, His gospel, and the Book of Mormon which testifies of Him. I know this message is true. I love you all lots and lots!

-Anziano Benjamin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment