Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Siena Week 7


Cara Famiglia,

Well this week has been pretty good. We had a great P-day today playing probably a total of four hours of soccer. It was sweet. I also got pretty sunburned which was nice. Maybe I will get a better tan. The Anziani from Firenze 2 came down and we had a good time.

The work this week was pretty tough(dropped by one of our major investigators and temporarily dropped by the other), but we are working a lot on the quality of our invites on the street and knocking doors, and are seeing results. Keep praying that the people of Siena will open their hearts to the gospel and that we as missionaries and the branch can be ready to receive them! We are feeling the power of your prayers though. The gospel is going forward here.

Sorella Eole Feri from the branch who is here in the Family History Center says hello! She is awesome, and is the one who helps all the missionaries see the light and root for the right contrada (l'Oca!).

This week I was really impressed with the conversion story of Alma the younger. I especially liked how even though he saw an angel whose voice shook the earth, he still had to go through two days and nights of real repentance before he was truly converted.

25 And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal andfallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters;

 26 And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.

 27 I say unto you, unless this be the case, they must be cast off; and this I know, because I was like to be cast off.

 28 Nevertheless, after wading through much tribulation, repenting nigh unto death, the Lord in mercy hath seen fit to snatch me out of an everlasting burning, and I am born of God.

 29 My soul hath been redeemed from the gall of bitterness andbonds of iniquity. I was in the darkest abyss; but now I behold the marvelous light of God. My soul was racked with eternal torment; but I am snatched, and my soul is pained no more.

I wish I could quote the whole chapter basically, but I like these verses a lot. I am grateful for the constant struggle and blessing that we have to 'put off the natural man' and 'become a saint through the atonement of Christ.' I know that is the only real way to do it, and the way that will bring us the most happiness. I am grateful for the opportunity to share this gospel with my brothers and sisters every day, and for all the help Heavenly Father gives us. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and that Jesus Christ guides this, His church, today! I love you all lots!

-Anziano Benjamin Smith

P.S. My back-up spiritual thought is Austin's talk. It was awesome! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment