Thursday, April 12, 2012

Learning in the Mission

Cara Famglia,

So I'm writing today because yesterday we had a zone conference! It went pretty well, we got to do an addestramento on planning and we hope it helped out. It was also cool to be able to see everyone from our group in the Verona and Mestre zones (8/10!) Today for the first time in Italy we played soccer for P-day! We played on the court at the church, they have a playing field (cement) with a goal right behind the chapel outside. We also found out that up above the church property you can walk up and have an amazing view of Verona. This is probably the prettiest chapel I've been in so far in Italy. 

Well the weather (which has been cold and rainy the past 1-2 weeks) has basically matched our investigators. Not necessarily cold, but if you define cold as not responding to phone calls or showing up at appointments than yes. Basically right now we are going crazy trying to figure out how to reach 20 lessons because unfortunately we haven't been able to hit it all transfer. Finding work is actually going pretty well in the sense that we have been able to get in knocking doors a fair amount but the people we find don't seem to stick. 

Even though the work is kind of tough right now I feel like I am learning a lot about being a better missionary. Not having a large teaching pool forces you to give an honest evaluation of what you can improve on and where you can get better. I have learned a lot about the importance and power of prayer and planning this last week, and am grateful for the lessons I'm learning that will bless me eternally. And I'm really happy!

Kind of a cool spiritual thought I realized this week that maybe you had all thought of. Basically revolving around the principle of Heavenly Father being obligated to bless us if we keep the commandments (see D&C 130), I realized that Heavenly Father not only blesses us when we keep commandments, but when we are trying to! In this sense, he blesses us with the strength to keep commandments, so he can bless us more! I don't really know if that makes sense, but it was really cool when I thought about it. I am grateful for all of your prayers and well-wishes, and I'm grateful that on Sunday we were able to celebrate the resurrection of or Savior Jesus Christ. I know that thanks to Him we can overcome any obstacle or problem, and that he can heal, strengthen, and help us through any trial. I know that this is His church, and that the Book of Mormon is true! I love you all!

-Anziano Benjamin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment