Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ciao Siena!

Cara Famiglia,

Well there is some surprise news going on, based on the fact that I'm getting transfered again! I never pictured me just doing one transfer here in Verona, but I will be packing up and moving to Siena. It is a bummer because I was just getting to really love the area and the work was getting better but oh well. My new companion will be Italian, his name is Anziano MinĂ , and he is from the good old city of Palermo in Sicilia. Anziano Parker will be taking my spot and he and Anziano Neff are going to tear it up here in Verona.

Well this week was good work-wise. We worked really hard and it paid off with being able to teach a lot of lessons. We are currently a little low on solid progressing investigators but things are looking up. We are hoping to set some baptismal dates within the next week here. One of our more solid investigators we are seeing is Isabella, I don't know if I've mentioned her in past emails. She's from Santo Domingo and has been here in Italy for 10+ years. We have taught her a couple times and we're going to have another lesson with her Friday night hopefully at a member's house.

Also tonight we are seeing Michael again, the really cool Brazilian kid who is interested in learning more. We've taught him twice and he accepted a baptismal invite for when he knows it's true. Tonight we're going to teach him the first half of the plan of salvation, and hoping to help him understand how important living the gospel is here on the earth and then set a baptismal date! So pray that can go well.

Well this week I would love to share a phenomenal scripture in 2 Nephi 2:27 - Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might bemiserable like unto himself.

I am a big fan of this verse because it really exemplifies the power and value of free agency and choice. I know that we are all completely and truly free to choose, and I know that the only choice that brings eternal life is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon that contains the fulness of the everlasting gospel and that our Heavenly Father loves us. I know this church is true. I love you all a lot!

-Anziano Benjamin Smith

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck in Siena. It's a fantastic city, and he'll likely be there during the Palio which is really cool. Elder Neff was disappointed not to serve another transfer with Benjamin, and appreciates all he learned from him. In bocca al lupo!

    ReplyDelete