Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Transfers!


Cara Famiglia,

Transfers strikes again! My companion is being taken away and shipped off to Trieste where the wind will carry him into Slovenia. Just kidding! But he is really excited. My new companion will be fresh from the United States of America. It should be fun!

The Palio was awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome!!!! You probably saw me somewhere in the crowd if you were watching. It was a really cool experience and made me feel like I was in Siena in the middle ages. When we come back to visit we have to be in Siena either July 2nd or August 16th to see it. Also today p-day is special! We are spending the night in Milano tonight and so on the way we stopped here in Genova for pday. Genova is beautiful, and the focaccia is the best in the world.

This week was pretty good! It was hot but we worked really hard. We are teaching Kellan, the chinese miracle kid! We printed out Preach My Gospel in Chinese and basically for the lessons we just read it with him and bear simple testimony haha. But he is really cool and has sincere desire to know Jesus Christ more. We also found another new investigator this week named David who is from Nigeria! We found him on a park bench and taught him and he is interested in learning more, so we will see where that goes.

Other than that there's not much going on. This week I read over one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon, Alma 34, it's a hidden gem! I like verse 10 a lot:

 10 For it is expedient that there should be a great and last sacrifice; yea, not a sacrifice of man, neither of beast, neither of any manner of fowl; for it shall not be a human sacrifice; but it must be an infinite and eternal sacrifice.

It is an interesting thing to ponder the infiniteness of the atonement of Jesus Christ that passes all the way from the fall of Adam to the present day and on to the future! I am grateful that this power is infinite and therefore never runs out, because I need it every day! I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. I love this work and I love you all!

-Anziano Benjamin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment