Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nuovi Missionari!

Cara Famiglia,

Questa settimana i nuovi missionari sono arrivati! Woohoo! That was the big news, there's 24 new Italians in the MTC. They are all pretty cool as far as I can tell, which I think is a requirement to be called to serve in Italy. There's 16 Elders and 8 Sisters, 6 Elders are going to Rome along with 2 of the Sisters, but the other 16 are all going to Milan! One of the Sisters is even being bumped up to travel with us because she's lived in Sardegna before and speaks really good Italian. In other news we are trying to sing the EFY Medley in Italian as a zone, I'm playing the piano for it! We practiced for the first time on Sunday and I was basically sight-reading but we're trying to be ready for Thursday auditions. Fun stuff.

Other than that it's a pretty normal week, not much new stuff going on. We taught in the TRC again this week all in Italian, the Plan of Salvation lesson. It was great, and Anziano Scheurn is rocking the Italian now. We taught these people who volunteer every week, it's a married couple where the wife is from Sicily and both of them served their missions in Milan about 5 years ago. They talk sooooo fast but they're really nice so it's awesome to teach them.

Hopefully we're getting travel plans this week! We are really excited, and can't wait until we see the papers in our mailbox. I dunno if I mentioned in a previous letter but we all got a letter from President Wolfgramm like 3 weeks ago that started "your MTC experience is drawing to a close..." and we were like yeah right! But now it really is. We basically have to write out mission goals out for him. Also he said he's going to be waiting at the airport for us, and some other travel stuff. All the news we hear out of missionaries in Milan from our teachers is that he's really cool, and that the work is amazing.

Honestly not much going on this week since every week is the same. I did get a nice all-Italian letter from Tyson! I understood almost all of it except the 'prendere due piccioni e una fava' phrase. But Fratello Tate explained it. I'm going to attempt writing him back a letter all in Italian. Sounds like everything is going well back in McLean, good work Packers, I can't believe they won.

I'm grateful to be here in the MTC, and I know this is where I'm supposed to be. I know the Book of Mormon is a true book and has all the answers to questions we have. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for how much the gospel and the church have blessed my life and the potential they have to bless others. I know this church is true, and I know my Savior lives. The church is true!

Love,
Anziano Benjamin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment